Dubreuilville Strongman

OntarioStrongman.ca

OntarioStrongman

Open discussion regarding the sport of Strongman in Ontario
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:24 pm 
6x OSM

farmer's Walk 365 pounds per hand for 8.?? meters 2002 World muscle power Dolbou/Mistasini QC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:02 am 
Veteran Strongman

Yeah, not too shabby, Travis, considering Kaz missed a 175 kg (385-ish) log trying to beat Jamie Reeves' 170 at the '89 WSM, and I think Jon Pal missed 160.

And yes, I think we can safely say you were one of the best stone lifters ever. I would also nominate you (for whatever my opinion's worth) as one of the best arm over arm pullers ever, right up there near or with Magnus Samuelson.

I also believe that 705 DL was also a PR for you, so that was a good clutch play. If I'm not mistaken, the 1100 yoke event was done in rising bar format, which would also make that tougher.

P.S. I believe Mark Phillipi held a competition once which had 425 Farmers in it. That is just nuts, the heaviest I've ever heard of.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:06 am 
Veteran Strongman

This is great and yes lots of record and personal best were bitten in Dub.

Lets see some more this year lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:08 am 
OSM 2012

I thought Travis had close to a 400lbs log...370lbs is up there for sure.

Not sure if we would include log with clean and press each rep or not, but this year's 3 way tie between Kyle, Paul and myself for 7 reps at 280lbs would be tough to beat...in fact that's better than the majority at CSM last year.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lskaarup

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:40 pm 
Uncle Len

and to mention a good second place on that one of Travis...
I got 10 ft approx with that 1100 pounds in 2006 for second place
and remeber the part where we did 755 for 20, 855 for 20, 955 for 20, and than the 1055 for 10 feet.
That was a great day and I spent hours in the hospital after that to find out that i did NOT break my neck after all....
hahahaha
Len

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:58 pm 
Official board troll
Official board troll

Didn't I start this thread a long time ago? And only got like 2 responses telling me if I wanted to know to go find all the info myself? Then Ben makes the same thread more than a year later and the whole forum jumps on board and contributes and even Travis Lyndon shows up to make his 1st forum post in years?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:05 pm 
Accident Prone

Adrian Kimmett wrote:
Didn't I start this thread a long time ago? And only got like 2 responses telling me if I wanted to know to go find all the info myself? Then Ben makes the same thread more than a year later and the whole forum jumps on board and contributes and even Travis Lyndon shows up to make his 1st forum post in years?

BenThompson wrote:
I thought it would be neat to throw together some records since the year 2000 for Ontario Strongman. This will help as time goes on in time progress of the athletes can be charted.

I took these numbers from the OSA site and i didnt have access to any other contest results except the 2011 OSM qualifier from the forum (i also didnt have them from dubreuilville 2010 or OSM 2010). Please PM me anything i have on here that is incorrect or any other events you think should be posted on here. Majority of these were set in dubreuilville or at an OSM.

The one stipulation i used is that the Athlete must be lifting in an Ontario contest, and must reside in Ontario.

See the difference? He put in some time and dug out a bunch of the results himself. People are much more willing to chime in if they see a number there that they know they've bettered in a contest.

I'm still not a big fan of the "records" for reasons that I have stated before (equipment, conditions, venue, order of events, etc. etc. etc.)

Terry Morrison's record submission seems pretty accurate, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:21 pm 
OSA Supporter
OSA Supporter

Grant wrote:
Adrian Kimmett wrote:

BenThompson wrote:
I thought it would be neat to throw together some records since the year 2000 for Ontario Strongman. This will help as time goes on in time progress of the athletes can be charted.

I took these numbers from the OSA site and i didnt have access to any other contest results except the 2011 OSM qualifier from the forum (i also didnt have them from dubreuilville 2010 or OSM 2010). Please PM me anything i have on here that is incorrect or any other events you think should be posted on here. Majority of these were set in dubreuilville or at an OSM.

The one stipulation i used is that the Athlete must be lifting in an Ontario contest, and must reside in Ontario.

See the difference? He put in some time and dug out a bunch of the results himself. People are much more willing to chime in if they see a number there that they know they've bettered in a contest.

I'm still not a big fan of the "records" for reasons that I have stated before (equipment, conditions, venue, order of events, etc. etc. etc.)

Forum Member As Annoying As Sixpack Whatever- Adrian Kimmett

http://totalfitnesssolutions.ca/

http://richmachell.blogspot.com/
"Naturally Strong"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:42 am 
Official board troll
Official board troll

Grant wrote:
Adrian Kimmett wrote:

BenThompson wrote:

So just cause Ben took initiative and I'm really lazy and want other people to do all the work for me you think his thread is better than mine?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:50 am 
Official board troll
Official board troll

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1329

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:04 am 
Accident Prone

None of the other provinces were really interested either.

If members want to put in the research and time to compile a listing, I'd be happy to sticky a records thread, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:13 am 
Official board troll
Official board troll

Grant wrote:
None of the other provinces were really interested either.

If members want to put in the research and time to compile a listing, I'd be happy to sticky a records thread, though.

Ben? I think he's talking to you here.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:48 pm 
Volunteers to plan and host the 2016 OSM

Sounds great to me!

"A master is someone who is fearless, become fearless"

"you gotta pull that bar like your rippin the head off a god damn lion
"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:54 pm 
Volunteers to plan and host the 2016 OSM

made a few changes to pg 1. added atlas stones and axle clean and press 4 reps from this year.

"A master is someone who is fearless, become fearless"

"you gotta pull that bar like your rippin the head off a god damn lion
"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:48 pm 
Papa Pauly
Papa Pauly

Quote:
Most quits. Tie between paul k and beartrap with 1

C'mon, I could swear there's been more than that! Check again.
Don't make me do a comeback and really show everyone how to almost finish a contest. :super

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next