Page 1 of 4

Toronto Pro Super Show Amateur/Intermediate Strongman

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:10 pm
by ToreyH
The Inside Fitness Iron Label Strongman

Hi Everyone,

I'm excited to announce that there will be an amateur/intermediate strongman Competition being held at the Toronto Pro Supershow this year. The event will be held on June 1st inside the Metro Toronto Convention Center. The time isn't finalized yet but I'm planning for an 11am start.

This will be a OSA sanctioned event
Head Judge will be Paul Vaillancourt

Hugo Girard will be the MC

Events will be
Axle Deadlift for reps (475lbs, straps are allowed)
Stone over a bar for reps (300lb stone)
Circus Dumbbell for reps (125lb dumbbell)
Max Log Press

Weights are subject to change without notice.

Each competitor will receive a competition Tshirt and gift bag with prizes

Money prize and trophies will be awarded to top three.
1st - $250
2nd - $150
3rd - $100

If you are interested in competing at this event please email me at torey@ironlabel.net

Re: Toronto Pro Super Show Amateur/Intermediate Strongman

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:52 am
by RichMachell
Congrats Torey! Your true passion for the sport will show at this competition.

Novice/Intermediate Athletes - Sign the fuck up! This will not a be a shit show. Paul as head judge, Hugo as emcee... you'll be walking away with a t-shirt and supplements PLUS be competing in front of a great crowd.

Don't forget to stop by the CYGEN Labs booth!! Unrelated to Torey's post but just a reminder :super

Re: Toronto Pro Super Show Amateur/Intermediate Strongman

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:03 pm
by jordanfoley
Are you making a comeback?

Re: Toronto Pro Super Show Amateur/Intermediate Strongman

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:07 pm
by Adrian Kimmett
jordanfoley wrote:Are you making a comeback?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L98KUjbDg4I

Re: Toronto Pro Super Show Amateur/Intermediate Strongman

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:17 am
by Mike Allard
Hi
I am wondering if there is a fee to enter this event and what is the cut off to enter.

Thanks
Mike A

Re: Toronto Pro Super Show Amateur/Intermediate Strongman

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:54 am
by Smeagol
Hey guys- long time no post. I'm here today for one reason- to call out all you losers out there who haven't signed up for this contest. If you aren't a top-10 guy in Ontario (and stop living in a fantasy world, be honest with where you're at), then you need to get your shit together and sign up for this show. If you don't, I'll assume it's because you're afraid that a smeagol little 180-pounder like myself will make you look like a fool in front of a large crowd of strangers, who will unquestionably point and laugh at your relative weakness (please note: the crowd will not laugh- they will be impressed if you lift anything over 100 lbs- people have no idea. I will, however, point and laugh at you when I beat you).

Check your pride at the door and sign your ass up for this comp. It's a great venue to showcase your strength and we have some of the top guys in Canada promoting and running the show.

Consider yourselves called-out.

DW

Re: Toronto Pro Super Show Amateur/Intermediate Strongman

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:57 am
by ToreyH
Mike Allard wrote:Hi
I am wondering if there is a fee to enter this event and what is the cut off to enter.

Thanks
Mike A

Hi Mike,

I haven't opened up registration yet but if you want to email me at torey@ironlabel.net I will add you to the list I have. Registration will be $65

Re: Toronto Pro Super Show Amateur/Intermediate Strongman

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:36 pm
by RichMachell
jordanfoley wrote:Are you making a comeback?

Check your txts!

Re: Toronto Pro Super Show Amateur/Intermediate Strongman

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:15 am
by Adrian Kimmett
Smeagol wrote:Hey guys- long time no post. I'm here today for one reason- to call out all you losers out there who haven't signed up for this contest. If you aren't a top-10 guy in Ontario (and stop living in a fantasy world, be honest with where you're at), then you need to get your shit together and sign up for this show. If you don't, I'll assume it's because you're afraid that a smeagol little 180-pounder like myself will make you look like a fool in front of a large crowd of strangers, who will unquestionably point and laugh at your relative weakness (please note: the crowd will not laugh- they will be impressed if you lift anything over 100 lbs- people have no idea. I will, however, point and laugh at you when I beat you).

Check your pride at the door and sign your ass up for this comp. It's a great venue to showcase your strength and we have some of the top guys in Canada promoting and running the show.

Consider yourselves called-out.

DW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYzSIKDpyfE

Re: Toronto Pro Super Show Amateur/Intermediate Strongman

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:56 am
by Adrian Kimmett
Can you post a list of confirmed athletes so far?

Re: Toronto Pro Super Show Amateur/Intermediate Strongman

Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:25 pm
by Josh
Hey straps kind of defeat the purpose of an axle deadlift i know its novice but it is still strongman right

Re: Toronto Pro Super Show Amateur/Intermediate Strongman

Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:37 pm
by BenThompson
Straps for the win!

Re: Toronto Pro Super Show Amateur/Intermediate Strongman

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:24 am
by RichMachell
Josh wrote:Hey straps kind of defeat the purpose of an axle deadlift i know its novice but it is still strongman right

1. If you're not competing in it then don't worry about it
2. If you are then enjoy the straps, it's all about the "show" for the crowd
3. Run your own show and have whatever rules you'd like
4. Have a nice day

Re: Toronto Pro Super Show Amateur/Intermediate Strongman

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:13 am
by Adrian Kimmett
It's a challenge with straps, at least I find it is. It's not at all the same as strapping onto a normal barbell and presents a much bigger grip challenge. The bar is already somewhere near 2" and then you are adding even more to it with the straps. It's not something that's easy to get comfortable with and it strains the hands pretty hard. If you haven't tried it already give it a go and see if you still feel the same about it after. Like anything I'm sure its different for everybody.

Re: Toronto Pro Super Show Amateur/Intermediate Strongman

Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:14 am
by JonC
RichMachell wrote:
Josh wrote:Hey straps kind of defeat the purpose of an axle deadlift i know its novice but it is still strongman right

1. If you're not competing in it then don't worry about it
2. If you are then enjoy the straps, it's all about the "show" for the crowd
3. Run your own show and have whatever rules you'd like
4. Have a nice day
:clap :clap :clap